Best liver specialist in Girgaon- Dr. Chetan Kalal
MBBS, MD, DM hepatogy (ILBS, Delhi)
First DM hepatologist of Maharashtra
Dr Chetan Ramesh Kalal obtained his MBBS degree with three Gold medals (2006-2007), he completed his MD in general medicine from Maharashtra University (2011), and his DM in Hepatology from the ILBS, New Delhi in 2016.
He is currently the Consultant, at the Department of Hepatology Institute of Liver Diseases, HPB Surgery and Transplant at the Reliance Hospital, Mumbai and is the Best liver specialist in Girgaon, Mumbai.
Dr Chetan Kalal has been the recipient of several awards, important one being: the prestigious AASLD Foundation Award 2016 and 2017.
His major research interest is in Liver diseases. He has published over 20 original articles in International journals/National journals, Dr. Kalal has been involved with several international clinical trials on new drug development with presentations in international and national meetings and publications in peer-reviewed journals.
He is the Best liver specialist in Girgaon, Mumbai and also the First DM liver specialist in Maharashtra and has been an active member of the American Association for the Study of Liver Disease(AASLD), European Association for the Study of the Liver (EASL), Asian Pacific Association for the Study of the Liver (APASL), Indian Society of Gastroenterology(ISG), Indian Association for the Study of the Liver (INASL).
- Department: GI Medicine
- Sub-speciality: Hepatology and Liver Transplant Medicine
- Designation: chief of hepatology and consultant liver transplant physician
- MD (Medicine)
- First DM (Hepatology and Liver Transplant Medicine)
- Awarded the prestigious AASLD Foundations Young Investigator Travel Award, Poster presentation, AASLD 2017, Washington DC
- Awarded the Full Bursary as Young Investigator(top 10% Abstract), Oral Presentation, EASL 2017, Amsterdam
- Awarded the prestigious AASLD Foundations Young Investigator Travel Award, Poster presentation, AASLD 2016, Boston
- Awarded Membership to The European Association for Study of Liver Disease (EASL) at Barcelona, April 2016
- Awarded the Full Bursary as young Investigator(top 10% Abstract), Oral Presentation, EASL 2016, Barcelona
- Awarded the Full Bursary as young Investigator(top 10% Abstract), Poster Presentation, EASL Monothematic conference: Nutrition in liver disease, 2016, Slovenia
- Principal Investigator in a project titled: “Long term effects of aggressive nutritional therapy on survival in patients with alcoholic liver cirrhosis- a randomized controlled trial.”
- Principal Investigator in a project titled: “Role of hypertonic saline versus mannitol in the management of raised intracranial pressure in patients with ALF: a randomized open-label study.”
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
We help our patients to restore a good health